REPORT A MAINTENANCE ISSUE
We endeavour to act on all faults and maintenance issues as quickly as possible.
To enable us to do so please ensure you include your Name , FULL address, and any
telephone number you may wish to be contacted on along with a description of the fault
and time /date.
In cases of an out of hours Emergency we have a monitored 24 hr answerphone service
on 01621 842 711
Please leave all details and contacts clearly.
Abbeystone Management Limited are the agents dealing with the common parts of the
building and are not authorised to deal with matters inside individual flats.
In cases where water ingress is caused by a leak from the flat above the following
procedure should be followed.
- Immediately contact the occupant of the flat above and make them aware of
- If they are the owner of the property they should make an immediate
inspection to ascertain any obvious source of the leak e.g overflowing sink,
broken washing machine hoses etc.
- If they are a tenant they should still carry out the immediate inspection
and if they are unable to locate or repair the fault they should immediately
contact the Landlord or his Managing Agent for the flat.
- If you encounter a problem contacting the owner Abbeystone Management Limited
will contact him by the quickest means available, (telephone, email or first
class post) and instruct him to investigate if you ask us to do this you must
give us authority to pass on your name and contact details
- Rarely, although a professional plumber has inspected, the source of the
leak cannot be found and in those cases you should contact Abbeystone Management
Limited to establish whether the buildings insurers include the
services of specialist contractor to search and locate the leak.
- In emergency cases where there is significant water ingress especially
where it enters electrical installations, you should contact the emergency
services who have power of access.